Bomb Throwing Pacifist

If you took that happy, smiling guy from the box of Quaker Oats, handed him a bottle of gin and a rifle, and pissed him off to a point where he decided he wasn't going to take it anymore, you'd get a little something like this.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TV Randomness

Just a great quote I found online that I thought I should share. This more or less perfectly captures why I stopped watching the tv show "24" (or at least part of the reason. The other being that I just don't have the time to sit down and do nothing ofr an hour once a week).

" [I] watched 24 for a season but now I'm tired of it. Terrorist plot and Jack saves the day. Rerun."

"If 24 got into terrorist funding (Saudi Arabia) and allies that feign cooperation to end it but don’t (Saudi Arabia), and a president who is cozy with the ruling class that allows terrorism financiers to go free (Saudi Arabia), and who also thwarts the FATF name-and-shame process to protect his oil buddies (Saudi Arabia), oh, now that would be interesting. I'd start watching again. Of course, someone would want to muzzle CTU, cover up the scheme, and maybe try to kill Jack for getting too close to the truth. And let's have military hawks on the verge of striking a country falsely accused of harboring a terrorist network to divert attention away from the real culprits. Jack escapes, the corrupt politicians are outed, military disaster averted, and Jack saves the day."

Amen, bro. Amen.
Marc with a C, 3:15 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment