Bomb Throwing Pacifist

If you took that happy, smiling guy from the box of Quaker Oats, handed him a bottle of gin and a rifle, and pissed him off to a point where he decided he wasn't going to take it anymore, you'd get a little something like this.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Work, etcetera (etc., &c.)

Started work yesterday, and on the whole I must say I am very impressed, if a little overwhelmed. I came in to work at 7:30 yesterday only to discover that noone was in. Since I didn't have a key fob yet I spend some time standing in front of the door waiting, although Jesse showed up before long to let me in (he was just stopping by for some hardware before heading to Rockville for training). So I spent the better part of two hours reading Ian Mcleod's "The Light Ages" while things came together. However, now I have a desk, a computer, a phone, and some missions and tasks to accomplish so I can't complain there.

For lunch some of the boys took me out to Witlow's on Wilson over in Clarendon for half-priced burger Monday. Food was good and relatively cheap (only about $5.00 for an entree). GOod bunch of guys, I'm looking forward to getting to know them.

Other than that, not too much new. Home e-mail is kinda down so I'm trying to get it back up to speed. Began sewing the jacket together and got the backs, center backs, and center fronts sewn and flat-felled. And let me just remind everyone: flat-felling, although pretty, is a pain in the ass to do. However, it does appear to be coming out nicely so far. I also sewed in smore more eyelets on my herrigbone Breughel doublet and started to feel the paniky strands of imperfection whispering in my ear. However, I like it, and I think I'm just being paranoid. It fit me fine and comfortably before, so there's no reason it shouldn't now. Ok, back to work.
Marc with a C, 11:06 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment