Bomb Throwing Pacifist

If you took that happy, smiling guy from the box of Quaker Oats, handed him a bottle of gin and a rifle, and pissed him off to a point where he decided he wasn't going to take it anymore, you'd get a little something like this.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Post-Christmas Edition

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas weekend and is enjoying their time off (or enjoyed it if they're back at work). Christmas was a nice, low-key event at the Lauterbach household. We did the family traition as usual: lit candles, listened to Christmas music (the traditional choral kind, not the crappy Rudolph-kind) and read the two traditional favorites: "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "Les Trois Messes Basses," the latter being a traditional French Christmas story involving a priest who tries to cheat God out of his three Christmas masses and gets his comuppances. Then we watched the Christmas Story, which is something we haven't done too recently.
Loot-wise, Christmas was good to me. In addition to the things on my list, I got some nice sweaters and a Montreal Canadiens hockey cap. As Dad said, I already have a cap for Toronto, the unofficial team of English-speaking Canada, so I figured I might as well have a cap for the unofficial Francophone team too. I also (finally) got my hands on the most recent edition of Warhammer 40K and some dvds I wanted: the Machinist (with Christian Bale) and the Jacket (with Adrien Brody and Keira Knightly). I watched the Jacket with Claire this evening and in exchange got her 28 Days Later on DVD. I also spent the evening setting up the new XM radio we got for Dad. The channels aren't coming in yet, but it'll take some time for it to get all set up.
Last night we went out to see "Breakfast on Pluto" at the Shirlington cinema. It's a movie about a transsexual growing up in Ireland in the 1970s and features Cillian Murphy, Liam Neeson, Stephen Rea and Brenda Gleeson. At first I wasn't sure how much I liked it, but now looking back it was quite good. A little strange, but good.
Other than that, not much to report. It's going to be hard going back to work tomorrow, but that's life. I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to handle 25 years of work without the usual 4 months off I'm accostomed to ;) Oh well, no rest, as the good book says.
Marc with a C, 9:49 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment