Bomb Throwing Pacifist
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
I think I'm starting to get the hang of this...
Life Developments (Professional)
* My last day of work will be this Friday, ending at 6 p.m. I have enjoyed working at G Street Fabrics, but I have bigger (and tastier) fish to fry at this point. I will miss the store I suppose, along with the 25% employee discount, but that's ok. I know people. They know people. Those people know people. Any more details than that, and I'm probably breaking some kind of law ;)
* First day of work at Synectics will be Monday December 12th. I'm excited. It looks like a totally chill place to work. Not to mention decent pay, great benefits, and best of all, work in my field of expertise! Who'd have thunk it, what with my pitiful little BA in a Master's-plus field.
* I many have one or two more commissions coming up. I will have more details as they become available. Right now it looks like some curtains and some skirts. Plus various presents for people and stuff like that.
Life Developments (Personal)
* Starting work on a new sewing project today. It's a Folkwear pattern of a Belgian military chef's jacket. Double breasted, relatively tight fitting and shot. I really like the lines. In either a solid color with bright buttons or a nice houndstooth or herringbone, it'll look swank.
* Finishing up on previous sewing project: A short peasant doublet from Breughel suitable for a more urban, sophisticated person than a simple peasant. I'm thinking of "Peasant inducted into the Sea Beggars" or urban-laborer type look. Just need to finish the lower 4 eyelets on that. It'll take a while but *sigh* what can you do? In any case, it looks vey nice- dark brown and tan herrignbone wool and a black suit weight wool lining. Definitely Sunday garb ;)
*Started Christmas shopping. Need to get a move on that if I ever want it done in time
Life Developments (Recreational)
* Going to see Heather this weekend in the 'Burg. Not a moment too soon either. It's been well over a month and I miss her. Plus it's Yule log. I'm not a huge fan, but it's her last so it'd be nice to go. I'm not sure how it'll turn out without Timmy J though.
* Got Battlefield 2 for my cpu. Surprisingly, it runs pretty well at lower graphics levels and on smaller maps. I find that the middle eastern maps work best, but I think that's because the sand storms help cut down on visibility, making it easier on my pc.
And I think that's about it. And I leave you this this little cartoon. I thought it was appropriate.